Evidence Review Panel
A panel of experts in the fields of families and disabilities advised at key stages of the evidence gathering process:
- Sarah Cunningham-Burley: Professor of Medical and Family Sociology University of Edinburgh; co-director of CRFR
- Rosalind Edwards: Professor in Social Policy and Director of the Families & Social Capital Research Group, London South Bank University
- Dr Jeni Harden: Senior Lecturer, Centre for Population Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh
- Lynn Jamieson: Professor of Sociology, University of Edinburgh; co-director of CRFR
- Adrian Sinfield: Emeritus Professor of Social Policy and University Fellow, University of Edinburgh
- Nick Watson: Professor of Disability Studies, University of Glasgow; Director of Strathclyde Centre for Disability Research
Professionals working within family and disability organisations also commented on draft topic reports.
The Centre for Research on Families and Relationships aims to make research more accessible to practitioners and policymakers. Its research programmes encompass diverse themes and inform policy, practice and debate in Scotland, the UK and internationally.
Capability Scotland works with disabled people of all ages and their families and carers throughout Scotland.
Parenting across Scotland is a consortium of organisations that support thousands of parents and families in Scotland. They are Aberlour Childcare Trust, Capability Scotland, Children 1st, One Parent Families Scotland, Relationships Scotland, Scottish Marriage Care, Scottish Adoption, and Stepfamily Scotland